Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Memories of Tiger's Life

A customer recently sent DNA2Diamonds this beautiful letter about her dogs life and death and how she is choosing to remember him. We wanted to share their story with you as well.

"Tiger had always been my "prissy" dog - he didn't like to get his paws wet or go out in the rain. So much so that when he was a puppy, I would have to hold the umbrella over his head, just so he'd go out before I left for work. Yes, he was spoiled, but he was my baby and I loved him.

He enjoyed playing with tennis balls, especially in the pool. Although he was a golden retriever, he actually was more of a golden keeper. You'd throw the ball, and only occasionally, when he felt like it, would he return it. Even then, it usually would have been stripped of the green material and covered in slobber.

Tiger would sleep on my feet at night and keep them warm - even on 90-degree summer nights! If I sat on the couch to read or watch television, he would snuggle up right next to me and put his head on my lap and soon be fast asleep. On trips to North Carolina to our cabin, he'd run through the woods and go on long walks with me. No matter what I did, Tiger was always there right by my side.

He earned the nickname "Lumpy" sometime over the years because of all the growths he developed. Tests always revealed they were fatty tumors and were nothing to worry about. The vet had assured me that unless they grew large enough to hamper his movement - or his internal organs - he was fine. Little did I know back then that one day, they would do just that.

When I took Tiger in to the vet with a new larger growth, he was moving around only when necessary and I knew something was really wrong. I just didn't want to know. His prognosis was not good. The tumors were pushing his throat closed, his stomach shut and his arthritis had worsened. The vet had offered some suggestions on making him more comfortable and things we could do for him so that we could take him home. I knew deep down that the vet was saying, "Tiger's suffering." I also knew I owed it to Tiger to help him. So, that afternoon I sat on the floor of the vets office with Tiger's head in my lap. As the vet injected him, Ti looked up at me one last time with those big brown eyes as if to say, "it's ok" and then he was gone.

I had Ti cremated and his ashes have been right next to me since then, just as he was in life. But now, after hearing about DNA2Diamonds, I want Tiger to become something more than just a paw-printed metal container on a shelf in my house. I want to see the twinkle of his brown eyes again in a diamond that is part of him. I want him to go on walks with me again and be praised on his beauty, only this time as a pendant on a chain, instead of a dog, on a leash. Thank you for putting the sparkle back into Tiger's memory for me."

--C. Glenn, Orlando, Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment